We Help You Breathe Easier with Improved Indoor Air Quality
Whether it is a home or a commercial business, it’s important that you make it as comfortable as possible. It might surprise you to know that indoor air can be more polluted than the outside air. So, if you or anyone in your home or office are feeling sick, this could be because of poor indoor air quality, which can be especially detrimental to people with allergies, asthma, and other respiratory issues.
Robinson Heating & Air Conditioning offers a wide variety of services and products to improve the quality of your indoor air, including air filters, humidifiers, thermostats, and carbon monoxide detectors. Make an appointment with our Middletown, OH indoor air quality experts so you can start breathing easier today!
What Is Indoor Air Quality & Why Is It So Important?
The United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) defines indoor air quality as the quality of air within and around homes and commercial properties as it affects the health and comfort of its occupants. While it is common for people to think that indoor air quality cannot be unhealthy because it is separate from outdoor air pollution, this is unfortunately not the case.
Factors that Contribute to Poor Indoor Air Quality
There are many factors that can negatively affect indoor air quality and create a conducive environment for indoor air pollutants. These are a few things that can contribute to indoor air quality problems:
- Carbon monoxide
- Uncleaned air filters
- Dust mites
- Inadequate ventilation
- High temperatures
- Chemicals from cleaning products or paint
Poor indoor air quality conditions can lead to potential health problems. Additionally, any individual with asthma or allergies may experience their symptoms worsening due to indoor air pollution.
Signs That You Need Indoor Air Quality Services
Health issues are obviously the most crucial consequence of an indoor air quality problem, but there are other signs that your home or business is in need of air quality testing or services:
Mold growth is a sign that your home is more humid than it should be. Contact us immediately to learn more about how we can improve the air quality in your home to treat and prevent mold spores from taking root.
Humid, Stuffy Air
Air that is still and thick with moisture could be carrying indoor air pollutants like bacteria and fungal spores. This means instead of fresh air, you could be inhaling impurities every time you breathe. Call us today to provide indoor air quality solutions if your indoor environment has inadequate ventilation and the air feels thick or humid.
Odors Throughout the Home
A bad smell could mean a build-up of bacteria and mold. These odors are a sign that something is feeding on moist, unclean materials in your home. If you notice unpleasant odors throughout your house, contact Robinson to help you restore acceptable indoor air quality to your home.
Options to Improve Your Indoor Air Quality
Robinson Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. has been a family-owned business since 1946, and because of that, we like to uphold our family values and treat all of our customers as if they were members of our family. This means that we provide the highest quality service and guarantee customer satisfaction.
When you’re seeking to improve your indoor air quality, here are a few options we provide:
- Air filters: While air filters may seem like they have very minimal function, they actually contribute to the efficiency of your heating and cooling systems as well as the quality of your air within your home or business. Depending on the type of air filter you have, you should be changing typical filters at least once every two to three months, or if you have a box-type filter, you should be replacing it at least once a year. At Robinson Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc., we can assist with replacing your air filter and installing a specialty filter that best suits the needs of your home or business. Air filters improve the quality of your indoor air because they’re able to reduce irritants (pollen, bacteria, mold).
- Humidifiers: When it gets chilly during the winter months, the air inside your home can become dry, which causes chapped lips, coughing, and other respiratory or nasal issues. A humidifier is useful because it adds moisture to the air in addition to improving the efficiency of your home’s heating system.
- Thermostats: The central hub of your HVAC equipment, the thermostat controls the temperature and energy output of your comfort system. You need to get this calibrated regularly or it will start giving you inaccurate temperature readings and cause you to overcompensate one way or another. If you notice a drastic spike in your energy bills, it’s probably because your thermostat needs to be recalibrated.
- Carbon Monoxide Detectors: Carbon monoxide is an odorless and colorless gas that can leak out of malfunctioning fuel-burning appliances and can cause serious bodily harm and even death. Make sure your family is protected from this threat. Call Robinson to install carbon monoxide detectors in optimal spots in your home.
- Air Cleaners: An air cleaner is a device that uses powerful HEPA filters to help get rid of indoor air pollution, and even smoke and heavy debris from the air. The best part is these can be installed directly into your already existing HVAC system
- Air Purifiers: Air purifiers are similar to air cleaners, but air purifiers kill airborne bacteria, viruses, mold spores, and other microbiology in your indoor air. This is an incredibly helpful appliance for families with severe allergy issues and asthma.
A lack of routine maintenance is one of the most common reasons we see for repair calls. Make sure your indoor air quality equipment continues to work properly and provide your home with healthy air free of indoor air contaminants. Ask about Robinson’s routine maintenance services.
Convenient Same-Day Solutions
If your home’s air is filled with volatile organic compounds or you have an improperly adjusted gas stove that is leaking carbon monoxide, you’ll want indoor air quality solutions as soon as possible. We are proud to offer same-day service and can immediately dispatch one of our friendly, experienced technicians to your property.
Trust Robinson Heating & Air Conditioning for the Best in Indoor Air Quality Services
We’re here to solve all of your indoor air quality problems. Our knowledgeable consultants can handle minor issues with air conditioning systems over the phone free of charge.
We are happy to answer any questions you might have; if we are unable to answer your question over the phone, we will happily schedule an appointment with one of our qualified technicians. Contact us today.