How To Clean Your HVAC Filteredit
Replacing or cleaning the filters in your HVAC unit is one of the easiest and most effective ways to improve your system’s efficiency. Here are step-by-step instructions on how to clean your filter:
- Turn Off Your Furnace: Never operate on the machine while it is still on.
- Locate/Remove the Filters: Look for a compartment where you can access the unit’s filter. It is usually marked and either a large square or skinny rectangle. Once located, remove the filter.
- Inspect the Filter: Check the filter for debris and damage. If there are any broken parts or large gaps, it’s time for a new filter.
- Clean or Replace the Filter: Whether you clean or replace your filter depends on its type. Disposable filters are usually made of a paper-like material and covered in cardboard. Reusable filters are usually metal and come in one piece. The easiest way to clean is with a host. Make sure to dry fully.
- Reassemble the Furnace: Go back and insert the clean or new filter into the compartment. Make sure the furnace is closed before turning it back on.
HVAC Service in Middletown
Robinson Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. has been serving the community since 1946, providing honest and reliable HVAC repair services. Contact us today for help with your system.